Sunday, February 15, 2009

Personality Test

A good gauge of how pleasant someone's personality is the time required for the vacant seat next to him/her to be occupied by someone , whilst on public transport like the office bus.
People climb aboard, give the seats a glance, and if all of them have atleast 1 occupant, slide in next to the first non-repulsive co-passenger they find.
There are some people who have co-occupants on the seat, even when the 90% of the bus is empty. And then there is me.
99% of the time, mine is the absolute last seat to be filled to its capacity (of two) in the entire bus. The remaining times, it is not filled at all.
A few days ago, the bus was filled to capacity (well..almost), while I only had my laptop as a companion. Just as we were about to set off for home, in climbed a girl, not too unpleasant looking, I might add. She gave the entire bus a glance, hoping to squeeze in somewhere. But there was no other space available.
I , like a responsible co-passenger, lifted my bag off the seat and placed it on my lap, vacating it. But noooo.... She turned away and occupied the "cleaner's" seat in the driver's cabin. I guess
she found a rattly,noisy,smelly six cylinder diesel engine next to her better company to sit with than yours truly :(.

5 comments:

prat said...

get a portable video player...at least the girls will sit next to u for entertainment...

ITDonkey said...

They might assume I am a perv who cant get enough of my 'dose' of the 'stuff' , hence carry the dispenser everywhere with me.
Things might become worse than they already are in that case.
One good thing is though the RTO crackdown on standees on private buses. :)

prat said...

watch sum gay stuff lik 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S'. and u shud b safe from those accusations.

ITDonkey said...

The miserable morons at Star World cancelled The Simspons over a massive marathon run of the FRIENDS today man.
Thats pure and blatant injustice.

Rasika said...

She chose a seat next to a diesel engine !!! Whats with you! Stalk her.